By default, the Author theme will display a list of your latest blog posts on the homepage. To display the homepage template you must follow these simple steps:
- Create a new Page named ‘Home’.
- Under template, select ‘Front Page Template’.
- Publish your Page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading. Choose to display ‘A static page’.
- From the dropdown list next to ‘Homepage:’ choose the page you just created.
- Press ‘Save Changes’.
If you are looking to quickly create a homepage that looks similar to our demo, then continue reading. If instead, you are looking to create something more custom, skip to the next section.
The basic homepage options can be found in the Theme Options panel:
From there you can simply fill in the sections you want to use and disable the sections you don’t.
Once you have made your changes simply press ‘Save Changes.
The Author theme features a fully configurable homepage which allows you to use the sections you like and remove the ones you don’t need.
Once you have created the homepage, you can begin configuring it.
- Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets.
- Drag the widgets that begin with ‘Homepage -‘ into the widget area titled ‘Homepage’.
- The order you place the widgets here will be reflected on the homepage.
Once the homepage is set up you can add your books, posts and slides. The homepage will automatically be updated any time you add new content.