The slider on the Author theme homepage is a simple image slider. You can link each slide to a page on your website, or an external URL.
To add slides:
- Navigate to Author theme -> Theme Options
- Click ‘Slider Options’
- Ensure ‘Display Slider’ is set to ‘On’.
- Under the ‘Your Slides’ heading, click ‘Add New’.
There are three fields to complete:
- Slide Title – This is for your reference.
- Slide URL – This field is optional.
- Slide Image – You can paste a URL here or use the built in uploader to add your image.
Once you have finished adding your slides, press ‘Save Changes’ to make your slides live.
Optimal Image Sizes
The image size we use is 960px x 350px.
We recommend you use a width of 960px as that fills the space allocated fully. If your image is wider than 960px then it will be compressed to fit the space.
If your image is less than 960px wide, it will not be stretched to fill the space as this distorts image quality. Instead there will simply be white space on the right side.
All image heights will work without any distortion.