By default, the Cashier theme will display a list of your latest blog posts on the homepage. To display the homepage template you must follow these simple steps:
- Create a new Page named ‘Home’.
- Under template, select ‘Homepage Template’.
- Publish your Page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading. Choose to display ‘A static page’.
- From the dropdown list next to ‘Homepage:’ choose the page you just created.
- Press ‘Save Changes’.
Once your Homepage has been created you can now begin adding content to the ‘Homepage Template’ Widget Area. This can be found under Appearance → Widgets.
On the Cashier demo website we use three widgets:
- Hero Section – This is used to display the header image..
- Products by Category – We use this to display four products from a product category.
- Products by Category – We use this to display four products from a different product category.